Originally created as the French Wine Society, the organization quickly became the leading provider of French wine study and wine certification programmes internationally. In order to accommodate wine industry requests for equally detailed study programs on Italy and Spain, the French Wine Society reorganized as the Wine Scholar Guild.
The French Wine Scholar course was developed and administrated by the French Wine Society with the support of the French Ministry of Agriculture. Wine students who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam will earn the French Wine Scholar (FWS) post-nominal.
“The French Wine Scholar is a very serious wine program but fun and very enjoyable to follow. The teaching is superb and the quality of the material brilliant.”- Gerard Basset, MW, MS, Best Sommelier in the World 2010.
Italian Wine Scholar – “an invaluable tool, vital to learning about the world’s most diverse wine country.” – Tim Gaiser, Master Sommelier.
Benefits of becoming a WSG member:
Membership in the Wine Scholar Guild provides allows wine professionals and enthusiasts at all levels to keep their knowledge current. It provides access to wine webinars and wine podcasts that shed insight into current wine trends and issues, wine and food pairing & more, all delivered by top wine experts.
- Wine webinars 1 – learn from professionals, in the comfort of your own home (see list below).
- Knowledge base – access to wine maps, vintage charts, educational presentations, French cheeses.
- Discounts on French wine related materials, eg. jancisrobinson.com, International wine review.
- Priority Access to Immersion wine trips2
- Member wine quizzes, with prizes
- Wine pronunciation Exercises
- Members’ Wine Forum
Join now, and avail of a 20% discount:
Pupils and friends of Premier Wine Training can become a member of the Wine Scholar Guild for only $80 per year (vs. the standard $100) when you use a Wine Scholar Guild discount code – please contact me, using the form below, stating ‘request WSG code.’
1 2017 Webinars include
- Myth Busting: Enigmatic Bandol with Elizabeth Gabay MW – Wed. Feb. 22, 2017, 12:00pm EST
- Jura Who’s Who with Wink Lorch – Wed. Mar. 1, 2017, 12:00pm EST
- Classic Cuisines of Central Italy with Barbara Philip MW – Wed. Mar. 15, 2017, 12:00pm EST
- Rioja with Sarah Jane Evans MW – Wed. Mar. 29, 2017, 12:00pm EST
- Rhône Wine Who’s Who with Olivier Hickman – Wed. Apr. 12, 2017, 12:00pm EST
- Secrets of the Sommeliers with Rajat Parr – Wed. Apr. 19, 2017, 11:00am EST
- Provence Who’s Who with Elizabeth Gabay MW – Wed. May. 17, 2017, 12:00pm EST
- The Wines of Alto Adige/Südtirol with May Matta-Aliah – Wed. May. 31, 2017, 12:00pm EST
2 2017 WSG study trips include:
- Tuscany with Jane Hunt MW
- Piedmont with Kerin O’Keefe (SOLD OUT)
- Burgundy with Andrew Jefford
- Alsace with Andrew Jefford
- Rioja with Sarah Jane Evans MW
- Bordeaux with Gerard Basset MW, MS (SOLD OUT)
- Jura with Wink Lorch
- Loire with Pascaline Lepeltier MS
Please use the contact form below to get in touch, or request the Terms & Conditions. Alternatively, call me on 086 240 1916.