WSET Level 3 Award in Wines The WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines qualification is designed to give a thorough understanding of the principal wines and spirits of the world and their commercial importance in the world’s market.
Overview: An 11 week course leading to internationally recognised Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 3 Award in Wines, on successful completion of written & tasting examinations. As well as using the WSET’s Systematic Approach to Tasting, the Nez du Vin Aroma Masterkit is available to help identify aromas.
Learning outcomes: Holders of the WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines will be able to describe the characteristics of the principal wines and spirits of the world and give information on the key factors influencing style, quality and value. They will consequently be in a position to advise management, to answer customer queries authoritatively, and to make informed selections of wines and spirits in a variety of situations. This course suits:
- Wine enthusiasts who wish to improve their basic knowledge of wines and spirits in a structured fashion, and gain an internationally recognised qualification.
- People employed in the drinks & hospitality industries in a supervisory capacity, needing core information to advise management and customers with authority, and make informed selections of wines and spirits.
- It is strongly recommended (although not mandatory) that candidates should be at WSET Level 2 before embarking on this course.
- Candidates should be over 18 years of age.
Course content. For full details see the course specification. (Here you will see that the recommended study time is 84 hours including class time!).
Qualification: is based on passing :
- a multiple choice exam of 50 questions
- a question paper requiring 4 short written answers.
- full written tasting notes for 2 wines.
This qualification is accredited at Level 5 in the National Framework Qualification of Ireland, and is recognised as such by the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland.
Cost: €715. Cost includes tuition, wines, study materials, exam fee. Students should bring their own set of DOC tasting glasses. Also included is access to a full set of Quizlet-based revision questions.
Dates & Timing:
Tuesday 12th September 2017; exam on 5th Dec.
February 2018; dates tbc
Venue: Stephen’s Green Hotel, Dublin 2.
How to book: places on all courses are limited, and therefore offered on a first-paid basis. Payment is required in order to secure a place. You can book online, using Paypal button, below. If you’d like to pay by a different method, please get in touch, using the contact form, below.
Distance learning option: for candidates who find it difficult to commit to classroom-based study, there is an on-line wine course option at this level.
GIFT VOUCHERS are also available. These are beautifully presented, and are valid for 18 months.
Please use the contact form below to get in touch, or request the Terms & Conditions. Alternatively, call me on 086 240 1916.