If you are responsible for wine sales in the wine distribution, retail or hospitality sectors, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are your wine sales concentrated on the low-value end of your range?
- Are your staff members confident to answer queries and recommend wines?
- Do your customers know more about wine than your own staff?
- Do you have new staff who haven’t yet had training?
- Are you entering for an award where wine knowledge & service is critical?
- Do back office staff need basic wine knowledge?
- Do you have commitments to deliver wine training as part of HR plans?
- Are you aware that funding may be available for staff wine training?
Asking someone to sell wine without any wine knowledge is like asking a chef to cook a dish which he has never tasted. You will get a result, but it can never equal the potential sale having tasted the product. “You can always tell when a rep is trying to sell you something he has never tasted.” – Off licence owner, north Dublin.
In addition, research conducted by the Wine & Spirit Education Trust showed that a €3,000 investment delivered a 11% increase in sales value to a leading UK retailer, where education AND training was combined.
Premier Wine Training builds on the actual taste & story behind the wine by focussing on the all-important sell-through process. Premier Wine Training has significant experience in providing commercially-sound wine training, and provides modules for
- Wine distributors
- Off-trade sector
- On-trade sector