An ideal gift
Immerse yourself in wine for the whole day! So it’s like a spa-day, but for wine lovers! Give someone a gift with a difference, and watch their face light up! New and amateur wine drinkers will love it, just as much as more experienced wine drinkers. And, if you work in a wine-related industry sector, it’s a really good immersion into wine basics. So, no matter what your level, you will find this course of benefit.
What’s included in this course
- First of all, you learn why there’s so many wines and quality levels to choose from.
- Then, you find out about 6 key grape varieties.
- And then you learn how to taste like a professional wine taster, and get to taste each of these.
- Then we break for lunch, and this is included.
- Afterwards, we have a Frequently Asked Question session. So you can ask anything at all! Remember, No question is a silly question!
- As part of this, you can learn about food and wine matching, tips on buying wine, storing wines.
- Then we scoot off to explore 4 different wine regions. And yes, we taste those too!
- You can take home your own set of 6 professional wine tasting glasses, and a booklet on the varieties and regions covered.
- Finally, you will get a Certificate at the end.
What’s special about this wine course?
This wine course stands out above any other short wine course being offered, as it packs a lot of information, in a structured manner, while allowing plenty of time for those wine questions which have been niggling away for years.
Many ‘wine courses’ are wine tastings. So, as part of a small group, you can enjoy the structure but also benefit from plenty of opportunity to ask questions and also have a bit of banter. If you have niggling questions about wine, this is the day to ask!
Praise for this wine course
I’m really proud to say that I constantly receive wonderful feedback from people about this course. And some of them come back for more, or go on to study formal courses, like WSET.
I give the course myself. Please feel free to read more about me – Maureen O’Hara
Cost & other details
Cost: €150, includes wines, lunch (wine works up a good appetite!), a set of tasting glasses which you can keep, course notes. It’s a good investment for a lifetime’s appreciation of wine. Vouchers are available, which are very nicely presented. (Again, I’ve received compliments on these!). Just ask when booking.
2021 Dates: Sat 16th Oct, Sat 13th Nov (French focus). Timing: 10am- 5pm. (Most people leave the voucher open-dated, so the recipient can choose a date that suits. I follow up with reminder emails).
Venue: The Camden Court Hotel, Dublin 2. This venue is spacious, with individual desks where required, allowing for current spacing guidelines, hand sanitising, ventilation etc.
Multiple vouchers/amounts: If you would like to buy more than one voucher, please use this link, and choose the amount from the drop-down menu.
More information/contact form
If you don’t receive a reply within 24 hours, please check your spam filter.
Next level up: WSET wine course (Level 2).